A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words


Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I am back

What a fabulous two weeks. I can not believe how much I was able to squeeze in such a short time. We did 3500 km and visited Slovakia , Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium and Holland. I miss Europe!

Venlo




I had a great time and was very happy to see my friends Liz, Tobi and Lukas and Alexander again and met new friends Jenny and Enno . Liz & Tobi's house is absolutely gorgeous. Huge barn with straw roof, horses.. idyllic life style.
Street in Venlo Holland
Me in city of Mozart - Salzburg
My cute niece Dorothy


With my parents visiting Bojnice (Slovakia) where as a child I spent every holiday in our cottage in woods. Every April/May streets in the village where my parents live are so beautiful. In my language this flower bush is called"Orgovan" and its everywhere.

Peonies in mum's backyard

10 comments:

Chubby Chieque said...

Oh VT! WELCOME BACK TO OZ LAND! Europe is so beautiful, isn't it?

Yeah, April/May all the greenier starts to bloom. Those are lilac, I guess in English or seriner in Swedish. The peonies is the most beautiful flowers, I know as well as roses.

Hope you enjoyed a lot to met your loving parents.

Glad your back!!!

mondocherry said...

Wow, you did well packing all that in just two weeks! We spent many happy weekends in Slovakia when we lived in budapest a few years ago. I really miss being able to drive just a short way and end up in a completely different country with different food, language shops etc. Australia sometimes seems such a long way from anywhere. Good to see you back.
Clare x

ArchitectDesign™ said...

I am so jealous -what a wonderful trip!!

Renée Finberg said...

what a beautiful trip you had.

thank you for sharing with us.
holland looks divine.

xx

Unknown said...

Welcome home! Such gorgeous images, glad you had such a great time!

Porchlight Interiors said...

Welcome home Viera! Looks like you went to some gorgeous places! Tracey xx

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Beautiful pictures. I spent some time living in Innsbruck and Salzburg is one of my favorite places. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

cate said...

You look like you have had a wondeful time and have come back refreshed and I hope full of inspiration...
x Cate

Oliveaux said...

Welcome back! Love all your photo's Ax

Velvet and Linen said...

What a beautiful trip!
Thank you for sharing it with us.

xo
Brooke