A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fabric Treatment

                                             Clever, easy  idea from Southern Living


Create an inspiring desk with  fabric. All you need are a basic hollow-core door and two sawhorses. First,  cover the door with a layer of felt; then  wrap it with extra fabric. Finish the edges with decorative trim  and nail-heads.
   If your desk isn’t high enough, add casters to the sawhorse legs. To protect your fabric and provide a smooth writing surface, cover the desktop with a thin piece of glass.

visit Southern Living for more


5 comments:

meenal bishnoi said...

That is such a cool idea, Viera!!! Perfect for a home office..I do have a similar table in my den/library but it has a painted black top which i'm not too crazy about.This fabric idea would work wonderfully on the table but since its mostly my corporate lawyer husband who uses it for his meetings on weekends, i will have to be very careful...can you suggest something similar with a more masculine feel??

Anonymous said...

love this desk idea..simple design and amazingly gorgeous....
maureen

Blue Muse said...

LOVE this. The nailheads were the icing on the cake. I want the desk... and the settee and the pillow... and and and.
Beautiful.
xo Isa

Greet Lefèvre said...

Viera,
This is a wonderful idea!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!!
xx
Greet
PS I so love your blog! I am always reading your posts, but I have not so many time to comment or read other blogs!

Jenny said...

Viera,
I like the use of reds you've chosen. I ended up with red in my living room in Holland, not a color I would have chosen to begin with, but I really like it. People are warmed by the red in the room. xxoo jenny