A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words


Monday, September 29, 2008

The Way They Live (2)

Philip Gorrivan Design firm is known for its tailored and modern design, often using elements from the past, which evoke an eclectic, polished and chic style.

Here are some photos of his own apartment in NY where he lives with his wife and two school age children.

























Notes:
- I love his statement: "I think neatness is essential—it’s essential to life.’
- He speaks french (thanks to his Moroccan mum)
- He did not formally study design.
- He was named one of House & Garden’s “New Tastemakers of 2007".
Great interview on NYSD, photos J. Hirsch
Philip Gorrivan fabrics for Duralee

9 comments:

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

gorgeous house!

Julie @ Belle Maison said...

what a beautiful home! i really love his style and would like to trade houses with him...if he'd be willing!

Chubby Chieque said...

Amazing style of living. The cleanliness & the simpleness is soo cool & calm.

Love his design & this is my style.
As a very pedantic lady §:-))

Cheers!

lily-g said...

what a gorgeous house not to fussy, simple and elegant but stylish love it!

Unknown said...

Hi, this is great, I like the bamboo.
By the way:
Have you got the blogadress of a spanish modern designer?
Gina from Germany

Porchlight Interiors said...

This is a stunning home but I can't imagine small children living here - I would be a nervous wreck with my boys in this house! Tracey x

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great photos!! Love your blog by the way. I just found it and simply adoring looking around a bit :)

Mafe Molinari said...

Beautiful!!

Alkemie said...

I LOVE Phillip Gorrivan's work and sense of aesthetic. His home and fabris for Duralee are absolutely gorgeous.

Karen